1. Allerton Park & Retreat Center—Make plans to attend the Valentine's Day Alternative event that is unlike the rest! Sit and enjoy live music from Rebecca Rego and the Trainmen, enjoy the appetizers, and pay a visit to the cash bar. Looking to extend your visit? Allerton has several unique overnight accommodations ready for your reservation.
2. Dinner & Casablanca at the Art Theatre— Check out one of the most romantic movies of all time at the Art Theater Co-op. They’ll be screening Casablanca on Valentine’s Day. Grab dinner and drinks downtown at any of our amazing restaurants. Try KoFusion, Big Grove Tavern,Radio Maria, Bacaro or V. Picasso for a special dinner, or head to Escobar's as they host their last Valentine’s Day before they close their doors.
3. Chocolate Fantasy—Monticello Main Street is putting on their 13th Annual Chocolate Fantasy walk on Friday night. For 3 hours, you can visit over a dozen Monticello shops and businesses on the historic square and sample a variety of chocolates. You can get your tickets online in advance or they can be purchased at several participating businesses.
4. Art Crawl—Take your art lover on a crawl of Champaign County’s top art spots. Visit Krannert Art Museum to view their spring exhibitions, Moving Beyond Paper, Collecting Photography, Spheres of Influence, and Time/Image. Then get some fresh air and enjoy a walk through Meadowbrook Park exploring the stunning public art in theWandell Sculpture Garden. The garden features 22 pieces commissioned from artists around the world.
5. Live Music— There’s a variety of live music available over the weekend, from country to alternative. Check out Chris Cavanaugh at The City Center, Aaron Kamm and the One Drops at The Accord and the Autocorrect at Mike N’ Molly’s.
Don't see anything above that interests you? Take a look at the Events Calendar, Food & Drink, and Things to Do, sections on the website! Also, be on the lookout for the Live Valentine's Day CiLiving segment at the City Center on February 11th at 4:00 p.m. It's going to be a blast!