October 3–9, 2021 | Close or Apart, We're Illini at heart
Get ready for another year of celebrating Illinois traditions, remembering your time on the University of Illinois campus, and connecting with old friends. Held October 3–9, 2021, Homecoming will be back with in-person and virtual events for this week long celebration, including a Kickoff 5K, Pancake Breakfast, dying of the Alumni Center fountain, Homecoming Parade, Marching Illini Concert, tailgating, and of course, a matchup between the Fighting Illini and the Wisconsin Badgers.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, October 3
- Homecoming 5K/Kid’s Run (9am check-in, 10:00am – 5k begins)
- Homecoming Kickoff Event (10:30am)
- Alumni Center Fountain Dye, Pancake Breakfast, Activities
Monday, October 4
- Dinner on the Quad
Tuesday, October 5
- American Football 101 – 3:00 – 4:30pm
- Global Talent Show – 7pm (Registration information to follow)
Wednesday, October 6
- Greeks Support Homecoming BBQ at Washington Park – 4 – 6pm
Thursday, October 7
- Special Thursday Night Live Downtown Champaign
Various businesses throughout downtown Champaign will be offering specials for the event, taking place from 5:00–7:00 p.m. Stay tuned as specials get added and plan your night out celebrating Illinois Homecoming!
Neil St. Blues | 301 N. Neil St., Champaign | 217-531-1150
Half-priced beer specials and half-priced appetizers from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 8
- Homecoming Band Concert
Saturday, October 9
- Homecoming Parade – 11:00am
- Grange Grove Tailgating
- Football Game vs. Wisconsin – 2:30 or 3:00pm
- Late Night Dance – 10:30pm – 1:45am
PLACES TO STAY
Be sure you have a place to stay for the game and all of the activities. Check out our complete list of hotels in the greater Champaign-County area, ready to make your stay Outside of Ordinary!
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Plan your entire weekend with our Experience Guide, filled with ideas on places to visit and eat in our award-winning culinary destination!