Curtis Orchard Opening Plans: A Safe Return to a Local Favorite
Summer is still underway, but a favorite attraction many associate with Fall in the greater Champaign County area is nearing their seasonal opening! Curtis Orchard is a premier attraction in Champaign that brings many visitors and residents to its orchard, pumpkin patch, café and store each year. 2020 is bringing new considerations to the public in every area of daily life, and Curtis Orchard is answering the call to provide a wonderful opening with public safety and health in mind. As they prepare to open their doors and welcome visitors on July 20, find out more about Curtis Orchard's opening plans in the wake of COVID-19.
Curtis orchard 2020 opening plans
Like many of our area attractions and businesses, the health and safety of employees and the public are a top priority. The attraction is prepared for frequent cleaning and sanitization practices, including surfaces and entrances. You'll also notice when you return to Curtis Orchard this year that all employees will be wearing personal protective equipment to keep everyone safe. On top of this, hand sanitizer will be found at numerous locations around the grounds.
By following requirements from state and local health authorities, Curtis Orchard has set in place the following requirements for all visitors:
- Bring a mask to wear when you are indoors, such as in the Flying Monkey Cafe and farm store.
- Wear your mask for any staff interactions.
- Staff will not be allowed to serve you without a mask for staff interactions, so please be prepared.
- Bathrooms will be open; please wash your hands.
- Bring sanitizer or use Curtis Orchard's sanitization stations to use before you pick fruit.
- Social distancing is required, even in the apple orchard and especially when you are not wearing your masks, such as in the pumpkin patch or parking lot.
- Kindness and caring for your fellow visitors are required!
Open hours for Curtis Orchard will be on Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From the Flying Monkey Café dishes we love to the country store and can't-miss bakery, we're excited to safely return to Curtis Orchard.