WELCOME Illini FANS!
Whether you're here to cheer on the Illini football team at the historic Memorial Stadium, rally behind the Fighting Illini Basketball at the State Farm Center, or heading to a wrestling or volleyball match, gymnastics meet, baseball or soccer game, or one of the many Illini sports, we're happy to have you here!
We are your one-stop information destination for game day. Know where to stay, where to eat, and where to park so you can enjoy your time in the greater Champaign County area! For any additional information on our area, contact us at 1-800-369-6151.
Enjoy your Big Ten experience in Champaign County!
Illinois Football Weekend Guide
Before & After the game
Make it a weekend when you come in for Illini Football! There's always something happening in the greater Champaign County area to enjoy. Here are a few ideas!
Before the Maryland game on September 17th, explore all of the award-winning restaurants we have across Champaign County, as well as great options for shopping and outdoor recreation. This weekend, take advantage of the four-day beer celebration Riggs Oktoberfest at their location in Urbana. Across town at Lincoln Square Mall, the CU Black and African Arts Festival runs all day Saturday celebrating cultural and artistic vendors, performances, and more. Outside of C-U, check out the Mahomet Soda Festival in downtown Mahomet, or ride the rails in Monticello at the Railway Museum's Railroad Days event. Plus, check out these seasonal favorites:
- Every Friday night through September, check out Friday Night Live in downtown Champaign. Three locations are filled with live music from 6:00–8:00 p.m. while you dine out in one of our many local restaurants.
- Festivals are back! Check out concerts, street fairs, and more on our greater Champaign County area Events Calendar!
- Fall is a perfect time to explore our agricultural stops. Pick apples and pumpkins at Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch; head to Amish Country and check out The Great Pumpkin Patch to choose from over 200 varieties of cucurbits and visit Aikman Wildlife; do the 10-acre Corn Maze at Hardy's Reindeer Ranch, or sample local flavors and award-winning goat cheese at Prairie Fruits Farm & Creamery.
- Get inspired by the fall foliage at our various forest preserves. Bring a kayak and head to Homer Lake, snap some pics at the scenic Lake of the Woods, or camp under the stars at Illinois' only International Dark Sky Park at Middle Fork River Forest Preserve.
For the Maryland matchup on September 17th, the following hotels still have availability:
- Best Western Plus - 516 W. Marketview Drive in Champaign (3.7 miles from Memorial Stadium)
- Comfort Suites - 2001 N. Lincoln Avenue in Urbana (3.7 miles from Memorial Stadium)
- Drury Inn & Suites - 905 West Anthony Drive in Champaign (4.1 miles from Memorial Stadium)
- Hampton Inn Southwest - 3308 Mission Drive in Champaign (5.6 miles from Memorial Stadium)
- Red Roof Inn - 12 West Anthony Drive in Champaign (3.3 miles from Memorial Stadium)
- Quality Inn & Suites - 305 Marketview Drive in Champaign (3.5 miles from Memorial Stadium)
We have 4,500 hotel rooms in Champaign County, many of which are very close to Memorial Stadium. Give them a call or book directly online. Need assistance? Give us a call at 800-369-6151.
MASK GUIDELINES FOR INDOOR SPACES AT MEMORIAL STADIUM
In the outdoor environment, fans are not required to wear face coverings or masks, although the CDC does recommend mask-wearing in large gatherings.
In compliance with current University of Illinois policy, all faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear masks indoors at all Campus buildings; this policy includes fans at Memorial Stadium. Fans at Illinois football home games are required to wear masks or facial coverings, which cover both their nose and mouth, in indoor locations, unless actively eating or drinking. These locations include but are not limited to inside the East and West Great Halls, elevators and elevator lobbies, first-aid rooms, premium seating hallways, and club spaces, and restrooms.
Know where the best places to park are before heading over to the game. Find your facilities here.
Clear Bag Policy
If it's been awhile since you've attended an Illini basketball game, you might want to brush up on the relatively new Clear Bag Policy. In short, any bag larger than a 4.5" by 7" clutch must be clear, and not exceed 12" x 6" x 12".
Looking to feed a group of people before heading to the game? Check out the wide variety of offerings to make sure you don’t go hungry before the game!
THINGS TO DO
Been a while since you explored the greater Champaign County area? Check out events happening throughout the time you’re here and request an Experience Guide to learn more about our Outside of Ordinary community!
Champaign County is conveniently located at the intersection of I-74, I-57 and I-72 so no matter where you're coming from, it's easy to get here. We also have Amtrak for a reliable ride or Fly Champaign-Urbana if you're coming from farther away. Click here for more information.