Featuring American Airlines, there are daily flights to and from Chicago O'Hare, Charlotte and Dallas/Ft. Worth. This affordable and accessible airport is a mere few miles from the heart of the University of Illinois campus and other major destinations.
- Willard Airport | 1 Airport Rd., Savoy | 217-244-8604 | View Website
- Flightstar Corp. | 7 Airport Rd., Savoy | 217-351-7700 | View Website
- Frasca Air Services, Inc. | 906 Airport Rd., Urbana | 217-344-9200 | View Website
- Rantoul Aviation Center | 6 Aviation Center Dr., Rantoul | 217-892-6800 | View Website
You can also take to the rails with Amtrak. With stops in downtown Champaign at Illinois Terminal and Rantoul, you can hitch a ride with hundreds of other passengers and kick back in the commute, enjoying free WiFi so you can stay connected. With daily routes out of Chicago heading as far south as New Orleans, you'll embark on an environmentally friendly way to travel that lands you in the heart of our city.
- Amtrak Illinois Service | View Website
Provides inter-city bus service to north and south locations, in addition to a variety of other services.
- 800-231-2222 | 217-352-4150 | View Website
Peoria Charter Coach Company
Weekend charter bus with wifi service from University of Illinois to Chicago Suburbs.
- 800-448-0572 | View Website
Check out our virtual map tour of the greater Champaign County area, with attractions, major parks, preserves and business districts!
Looking for area maps? Here are a few to help you navigate while you're in town:
- Area attractions, hotels, restaurants and shops in downtown & midtown Champaign, and campustown
- North Prospect & Neil Shopping District
- University of Illinois Campus
- Champaign County Bikes Map
Once in town, there are a variety of ways to get around sustainably. The greater Champaign area boasts one of the best public transportation systems around-the Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District. Twice receiving the American Public Transit Association's Outstanding Achievement Award, the CUMTD has a 98% customer satisfaction rate. Their efforts to "Go Green" in our community have resulted in serving 12 million riders, taking cars off the road and making it easier to get where you need to go. Their hybrid buses integrate the latest technology to reduce emissions resulting in better air quality. They even make it simple for bicyclists, with racks on all buses to easily transport your bike. For only $1 one-way, you can affordably and sustainably get around Champaign-Urbana. Check out their routes and trip planners online at mtd.org.
- Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District | 217-384-8188 | View Website
Taxicabs & Limousines
Over two dozen taxi and limousine companies service the community. For a current list of licensed operators, visit the City of Urbana's website.
If you simply need a quick ride to get around, we've got Zipcars ready for you! With several pick up points throughout Champaign County, including a convenient pick up at Illinois Terminal, you can use this car-sharing program for a few hours or all day.
- Zipcar | 866-4ZIPCAR | View Website
Uber & Lyft
Don't want to navigate the streets, use Uber or Lyft! Download the app on your smartphone to be connected to a variety of drivers who will get you where you need to be.
- Alamo | 800-327-9633 | View Website
- Avis Rent A Car | Willard Airport, 11 Airport Road Ste. 1, Savoy | 217-359-5441 | View Website
- Budget Rental | 2309 W. Bloomington Rd., Champaign | 217-398-8584 | View Website
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car | 1212 N Prospect Ave., Champaign | 217-355-1300 and 11 Airport Road, Savoy | 833-516-2248 | View Website
- Hertz | Willard Airport, 11 Airport Road, Savoy | 217-359-5413 | View Website
- National Car Rental | Willard Airport, 11 Airport Road, Savoy | 217-352-2775 | View Website
Bring your bicycle on your trip to Champaign County to minimize your footprint when getting around. The League of American Bicyclists has deemed Champaign-Urbana a bronze-level bicycle-friendly community. With bike lanes adorning most city streets, it's easy to make your way through town. Whether you're biking the University of Illinois campus, our Park District's bike paths or navigating the country roads, our flat landscape and bike-friendly community makes this an ideal travel option.
Click here to download the Champaign County Bikes map.
Don't want to bring your bike with you? No problem, check out these rental programs:
- VeoRides Bike Share | View Website
- Durst Cycle | 1112 W. University Ave., Urbana | 217-367-3600 | View Website
- Neutral Cycle Workshop | 624 S. Fifth St., Champaign | 217-979-2471 | View Website
Looking for where to park in Downtown Champaign, Urbana or at the University of Illinois? Find out more about on- and off-street metered parking, visitor parking lot locations, rates and payment options: